Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can you provide additional information on the Little Hands daily rhythm and activities?
Answer: Sample Rhythm
- 9-9:30: Watering & Weeding the Garden, Nurturing the Farm Animals, Learning Responsibility, Independent and Gross Motor Skills through learning to carry out the Farm Chores.
- 9:30-9:45: Circle Time: Quraanic Recitation, Seasonal/Spiritual Nasheeds with Movement, Games and Story, Laying out the Cooking Project for the Day.
- 9:45-10:30: Making the Snack for the Day from the Garden.
- 10:30-11: Snack
- 11-11:45: Project time or Freely engaging in Stations: Sensorial, Art, Science, Language Arts, Math.
- 11:45-12: Meditative/Quiet time leading to Dhikr and Gratitude. Circle thanking Allah for all the Blessings and Closing Dua.
2) What is the time frame for the Little Hands morning and afternoon session?
Answer: Morning Session: 9-12pm Afternoon Session: 12:30-3:30pm
3) Is there an instructor who also teaches the children about Quraan and recitations?
Answer: Our philosophy here is to introduce Islam to the children as a living breathing entity that is theirs as opposed to a boxed-in subject that they take out time for. Quraan is recited daily during opening and closing circle as well as naturally throughout the day as the children play. More importantly reverence of the Quraan is emphasized for eg. as the children sit in the circle and listen to the sounds of Allah’s creation around them and then share what they heard, we follow it up with recitation stating how all of Allah’s creation loves to hear the words of Allah. Love of the Prophet saaw is also a crucial component which is naturally explored through story telling and projects for eg. the children are finishing up books that they made named, my Prophet saaw in which they have compiled all the related projects they have explored.
4) Do you have a unique curriculum or do you do cover regular Pre-K material?
Answer: Although, we are well steeped in the child developmental needs of a pre-schooler and are inspired by many philosophies of education, our primary intention is to use this knowledge to inspire the child’s heart with the love of our Prophet saaw and Allah swt. In a very natural wondrous way so that loving Allah is as easy as breathing and not limited to ‘Islam time’ or Masjids. We have taken our research to scholars both locally and overseas who have worked with children in the same capacity so our guidance remains grounded inshaAllah. This is a unique curriculum and may He accept our efforts.
5) What is the Child to Teacher ratio?
Answer: 1 Teacher to 6 Children.
6) Are snacks okay? Is there snack time?
Answer: Although the children will be making a snack from the garden, we still require the parents to send something heartier with the child so that they can add to their snack time if need be.
7) What is the Summer program cost for Little Hands and Deen on the Farm?
Answer: The cost for each program (4-week session) is $250.
8) When will my child’s registration be finalized?
Answer: When the completed waiver form and payment have been received.